It’s summer. The twins are almost three and now we feel like we can go out and do more with them confidently compared to when we had to infants or even two “just-turned-two-year-olds”. Then we added another baby into the mix. Welcome to our summer of “three under three”. However, taking the kids out now still seems more manageable when we only have one child taking bottles. We recently went to Disney World to visit my sister who works there, we like going to our local children’s science museum called the Wonderlab, and a couple of weekends ago we just went to the zoo. The zoo is about an hour from our house, so we wanted to make sure we were prepared for the outing with plenty of snacks. Simple Truth has a lot of snacks to fit your family’s needs, but here is a list of the seven that we like the most.
- Peanut Butter Sandwiches: Using organic whole wheat bread, organic peanut butter, and organic fruit spread, nothing hits the spot better than a peanut butter sandwich!
- Freeze Dried Fruit: Coming in several varieties like strawberry, mango, and strawberry banana, we like to call these “fruit snacks” because they’re healthy, there is only one ingredient (fruit) and our kids don’t know the difference!
- Dried Fruit: We chose banana chips. Also healthy and delicious and also called “fruit snacks” in our house.
- Cheddar Crackers: There are cheddar squares as well, but we opted for the Cheddar Kangaroos because the kids love anything in animal shapes!
- Fruit and Cereal Bars: These were a delicious free sample from Kroger. A great handheld snack, these were a nice morning offering in the car on the way to our destination.
- Animal Crackers: These are offered as regular or gluten free depending on your needs. It’s a nice “cookie” treat to bring to the zoo!
- Applesauce Pouches: We usually budget by buying applesauce in larger quantities-or making our own-but for an on-the-go snack, these are pretty convenient
We really like having these ready to go in our pantry so that we can grab any of these snacks for lunches or summer fun. Which snacks are your family favorites?